Thursday, September 08, 2005

The one with the announcement of the Superblessed Christian Blog Awards (SCBA) 2005

In 2005, I celebrate many things. Praise God!

This year, I celebrate my sixth year as a blogger. This particular journey has probably been one of the most fulfilling of my life. How many others can say they've connected with so many people across the globe, sharing experiences, living, loving, and just being? I'm so superblessed to have met so many people along the way. Superblessed has survived four different versions (Mere Madness, Superblessed.net, the ill-fated Friendster blog) and, in the words of Barbra, I'm still here!

This year, Jesus and I celebrate our sixth year together. Ours is a stormy relationship, admittedly; I cheat on Him a lot, and it hasn't been easy telling Him sorry, every single time. He forgives me, though, I give Him credit for that, It's an amazing love, I tell you, and I am unafraid of standing on my soapbox and blogging about His goodness until the day I die.

This year, the Superblessed Christian Blog Awards turns three. Those who've been around for the whole journey know I first launched the Christian Blog Awards in January 2003 to honor the God-bloggers who blessed me immensely in 2002. At the time, when it was known as the Mere Madness Christian Blog Awards, it created little buzz but did bless Christ-bloggers who were in my immediate circle of blogs.

In 2002, these were the winners:

Most Inspirational/Encouraging Blog. Craig Tanner. Avoiding Evil.com.
Most Educational Blog. Mark Byron (MarkByron.blogspot.com) and David Heddle (He Lives).
Best Designed Blog. BrownPau. How Now Brownpau?.
Most Humorous Blog. Mark. The Gospel According to Mark.
Most Introspective Blog. Irene Q. The Musings of Irene Q.
Most Feeding Frenzy Blog. Esteban DaCubanGuy. Bakura.org.
Most Enjoyable Filipino-Christian Blog Keren. Keren.
Favorite Christian Blog of 2002. Bene Diction. Bene Diction Blogs On.

In 2003, I transferred to Superblessed and renamed it the Superblessed Christian Blog Awards. I added more categories and expanded the nominees' list; I also introduced a People's Choice option for regular visitors of the blog. I further remember a bit of controversy in the Feeding Frenzy blog category, but that's all water under the bridge, and I'm sure we're all raring to look past that. These were the winners in 2003:

Most Inspirational/Encouraging Blog. Tanya of 7 Day Holy. People's Choice: Tanya.
Most Educational Blog. Craig Tanner of Avoiding Evil.com. People's Choice: David Heddle.
Best Designed Blog. Mikks of The Son Seeker Chronicles and Keren Tan of Keren Tan. People's Choice: Mikks.
Most Humorous Blog. Michael Main of Michael Main.com and Christopher Wright of What in Tarnation.net. People's Choice: James Watson.
Most Introspective Blog. Irene Q of Irene Q.com. People's Choice: Irene.
Most Useful Christian Resource. Blogs4God. People's Choice: Bible Gateway.
Most Feeding Frenzy Blog. Josh Claybourn of Josh Claybourn.com. People's Choice: Josh Claybourn.
Most Enjoyable Filipino-Christian Blog. Jax of Jax Place. People's Choice: Rick Manzano.
Most Enjoyable Male Christian Blog. Darren Rowse of Living Room. People's Choice: Darren.
Most Enjoyable Female Christian Blog. Susan L. Prince of Sisters' Weblog. People's Choice: Irene Q of Irene Q.com.
Favorite Christian Blog of 2003. Christopher Wright of What in Tarnation.net.

Last year, these were the winners:

Best Designed Blog. Mikks Maducdoc, Mikkan.
Most Humorous Blog. Michael Main, Michael Main.com.
Most Educational Blog. David Heddle, He Lives.
Most Introspective Blog. Susan, What a Beautiful Day!
Most Useful Christian Resource. Blogs4God. (Props to Martin Roth and Dean Peters).
Best Blog with Online Discussion. The men and women of Spare Change.
Most Inspirational/Encouraging Blog. Darren Rowse, Living Room.
Most Enjoyable Male Filipino-Christian Blog. Arnold Gamboa.
Most Enjoyable Female Filipino-Christian Blog. Jax of Jax Place and Maan of My Silverchair.
Most Enjoyable Male Christian Blog (International, Non-Filipino). Galvin.
Most Enjoyable Female Christian Blog (International, Non-Filipino). Tracy, Tracy, Tracy!
Favorite Christian Blog of 2004. Bene Diction Blogs On.

This year, all categories stay the same, except for Best Blog with Online Discussion, which I'm renaming to Best Group Blog. I'm also adding an additional award: Best Photo Blog. Nominees will be announced on the last week of September (giving any of you visitors a chance to nominate someone who isn't in my blogroll, but has been superblessing others for quite some time).

No comments: