Wednesday, March 30, 2005

[Superbless Others Series] Watch your tongue!

Ephesians 5:4 "Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving."

It's surprising how many of us, myself included, find ourselves using language that we otherwise would never use in front of, say, the President, or our mothers, or our bosses. As representatives of Christ, as mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, or whatnot, we have the responsibility to conduct ourselves in a manner becoming of people who have been saved.

I find myself saving b***h a lot more often that I would care, but I'm proud to say the F word and S word are pretty much out of my system. As a father to Nathan, I must be more conscious of how he's raised, because I have that responsibility to him. How I act in front of him should also be how I act in front of others, too.

Join me, won't you, in purifying our mouths to only spout goodness and praise to other people. The world is negative enough without our adding to the filth.

No comments: