Monday, December 12, 2005

The one with what we can do to promote Avalon

As some of you may know, I posted last week that Stand, the 6th album from Dove Award-winning vocal group Avalon, is set for release January 24, 2005. You can pre-order Stand from MusiChristian.com and receive an autographed cover with the CD!

Avalon has quite the reputation: 20 #1 CCM chart hits to date, over three million albums sold, major Dove and American Music Award wins, plus performances for over 500,000 people in 2005 alone.

Love Won't Leave You is the first single from the Avalon album Stand, and airplay is starting to pick up, so calling my friends and fellow Christian bloggers in the US, be sure to call up your local CCM radio stations and request the track.

I, for one, have already signed up for the Avalon Street Team, and once I'm sent a CD sampler (here's hoping!), I intend to make the rounds of pop radio stations to try to get airplay for Love Won't Leave You locally. The local distributor, House of Praise, is rather slow (The Creed was released, like, nine months after US release - but at least they made it, right?), so I trust that they'll rush things once Love Won't Leave You becomes a major hit here.

Go Avalon!

1 comment:

olsonsfoodemporium said...

A great deal of worthwhile data for me!