Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The one with my Favorite Christmas albums

Christmas presents an opportunity for music freaks like myself to raid the CD collection and gather up Christmas albums I only get to listen to (appropriately) once a year. This year, it felt so good to listen to these albums once again.


Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey
Released in 1994, this still remains as one of my favorites. Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas combines a balance of traditional and modern holiday music. My favorites include All I Want for Christmas is You, Miss You Most (at Christmas Time), Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child and Jesus Born On This Day.


Joy by Avalon
Avalon is one of my husband's favorite CCM bands. Their Christmas collection, Joy, truly brings joy to those who experience it. For this recording, Avalon presents their adventurous side through their unique take on traditional songs like Joy to the World, Jesus Born on This Day and The Christmas Song. Song Number 10, We Are The Reason, reminds us of the true reason for the season.


Christmas by Hillsong Australia
For those who like their holiday music traditional, this album is a good one to have. If you're having a formal Christmas dinner party, this makes for great background music. My personal favorites include Jesus What a Beautiful Name, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Away in a Manger and Perfect Love.


Hey Santa! by Wendy and Carnie Wilson
The voices and harmonies of the Wilsons are truly a delight to hear. This Christmas album released in 1993 contains funky holiday tunes such as Hey Santa!, Jingle Bell Rock and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Their version of Little Drummer Boy is so smooth, it feels like the drummer boy is in the room. This is a great Christmas album for those who like Wilson Phillips.

I'm so excited to fill my house with Christmas music, have a cup of tea and snuggle up with my husband and son! Have a great holiday, everybody!

No comments: