Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The one where I return to the studio

Last night, I began the first of what hopefully will be three nights of recording to produce another series of demos. Having been out of the studio for more than a year, I must admit I was a little rusty, and the first song I elected to record, It's Not Easy, a secular track about trying to move on after a breakup, was probably not the best lead-off choice. I had a hard time with the low key, and the tempo I chose was a little too slow for the vision I had for the track. Whatever southern-rock ideas I had for It's Not Easy, a la Train, Daniel Powter, or Hootie and the Blowfish, disappeared in a hodgepodge of what I can only describe as second-rate Backstreet Boys.

Let's face it, I don't have a growly man-voice, and I don't think I ever will. LOL

Maybe it's just me, but I find it getting more difficult to write 'regular' songs now. I certainly hope it isn't an indication of anything snooty, but praise and worship songs just come out of me so much easier. The track list I determined over the course of last week for recording shows this: I have only two 'regular' songs in the list, compared to five worship tracks.

1. It's Not Easy [secular]
2. Incomparable [worship]
3. Heaven and earth [worship]
4. I Rely on You [worship]
5. I Desire [worship]
6. My Heart Will Trust [worship]
7. Chasing Stars [secular]

The men of Sound Weavers, the new digital recording studio in Makati City I discovered, made it really comfortable and easy to record, though. I love this studio. Hopefully, within the next two weeks, I'll have something new up.

No comments: