Monday, April 10, 2006

The one with the day after the Victory convergence

Ouch, Lord. I praise You, but ouch, ha. :D My legs are sore, and my throat is scractchy. My nose is clogged, and I think I'm coming down with a cold, but no matter, because God, ang galing galing Niyo!

I had the most spectacular time at my first Victory Christian Fellowship convergence, held yesterday from 5PM to sawa at an open field at Fort Bonifacio across PriceSmart. Can't really blog for Cathy, because she was assigned to the Nursery in shifts (she should blog about that experience - go for it, baby!).

It was the first time for me to be part of a choir since grade school, and the experience was no less thrilling. It's one thing to write music and sing for God; it's another thing altogether when you join with other voices to create harmonies and lift them up to Jesus. It's just incredible - few experiences like it, far and between.

When you're up onstage praising God, it should never be about you. From my perspective, it was such a blessing to see thousands of people jumping and dancing and worshipping... to be able to lead God's people into His presence is an awesome responsibility, and a great privilege. Even as part of the choir, to play the most infinitessimal role in helping that happen, well, it just leaves me stunned and grateful for the opportunity.

Meanwhile, Pastor Steve gave a stirring 10-point message on how the many benefits we reap - by grace, and not by works - of Jesus' blood spilled on the cross. He did it for us, He suffered and died for us, He was the price that was paid for our salvation.

We didn't deserve that sacrifice, but God's love let it happen. We are forgiven. We can become confident in approaching Him. As Point of Grace put it, "there's a bridge to cross the great divide" between God and us, and that bridge was the cross - "there's a cross to bridge the great divide."

Thank You, Father. Your love is overwhelming.

No comments: