Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The one with the all-CCM chart

For the first time in the history of my Top 20 Singles and Tracks (you can see the complete list on the right), all the artists on the chart are Christian, and all save two are Christian songs. It is something I didn't really take notice of until this morning, and I just want to praise God that I live in a land where I can listen to music like this without persecution.

One day, my music will find its way to local airwaves, and I believe in faith that it will minister to people. Where there's a will, there's a way, and when the sovereign God blesses one's music, it is only a matter of time before it will glorify His name in many ways.

Meanwhile, I am really, really tripping out on some awesome CCM. After six weeks at #1, Avalon's Love Won't Leave You falls to #3, as Matthew West's Only Grace becomes his second #1 song on my chart. Mark Schultz ascends to #2 with I Am, while Warren Barfield - whose voice I love but whose face reminds me of a younger, butchier Matthew Broderick - registers the greatest growth of any song on the chart, four notches to #6 with Unleashed, a track off his new album Reach (the actual single is Saved, but I started listening to Unleashed first, so Saved will have to wait). I'm also itching to find a copy of Now by John David Webster.

The only non-Christian songs in the chart are Some Hearts by Carrie Underwood, whose first single was the phenomenal Christian track Jesus Take the Wheel, and Ligaya ("Happiness") by local Christian artist Kitchie Nadal, who revives the hit track originally by the Eraserheads.

1 comment:

olsonsfoodemporium said...

For my part one and all ought to look at it.