Monday, October 17, 2005

The one where God's love is sufficient

September 26, 2005, Brent BJ Higgins, Jr. went home to Jesus. Since I didn't get to check PrayForBJ.com that often, I didn't know he had passed away, but continued to pray for him until checking in this morning and finding, to my utter shock that God took him home.

I know BJ is in a better place, and thousands of lives were made closer to God by his perseverance. As I type this entry, trying to keep my tears from wetting my keyboard, I feel woefully inadequate, unable to send money or anything to this family. What I did send were prayers from across the miles, and I will continue to do so.

God's grace and love are sufficient to sustain this family through this difficult time. You can see from their entries that they are a family whose reliance on God will see them through.

Meanwhile, what can we learn from BJ's example?
1. We don't know how much time we have. Share the gospel. Be that light in the darkness for Jesus, that people may know His love.
2. Age ain't nothin' but a number. BJ accomplished so much before leaving this earth at age 15.
3. Give your parents, children, or loved ones a hug. You never know when you'll see them again.

Rejoice with Jesus, BJ! I'm proud of you, brother.

Update: Fox59 has done a story on him. Well done, folks at Fox. You captured the essence of his life wonderfully.

No comments: