Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The one with the decent Body Shop alternative



After the longest time, Cathy and I finally finished our bottle of Body Shop Vanilla lotion. It was everything you could ask for in a lotion: nongreasy feel, excellent absorption, good scent (although I wasn't too much of a fan - I'm not necessarily inclined to smell like a cookie).

With prices on body maintenance products skyrocketing, it doesn't make any sense to purchase another P500 bottle of lotion, so I headed over to Zen Zest. I regularly buy antibacterial hand sanitizer from there (melon is my favorite, followed closely by apple), so I was sure of their quality. This time around, I looked for body lotion, and the particular branch I went to had five scents: talc, ocean, melon, raspberry, and apple.

Eventually, I decided to go with the Melon variety because it smelled like delicious melon milk! Cathy put some on last night and I this morning, and it appears to be all good naman, considering it's only P120 for a bottle that's even larger than the Body Shop bottle I bought. There wasn't a greasy afterfeel, which was a plus, nor was it disgustingly sticky (which is what Cathy and I got with this other P500 product called Skin Milk, don't get it, it's horribly sticky).

I'm such a fag right now. Well, knock it off. When we're 60, I'll look great and your sun-damaged, unmoisturized hides will wish you took time to take care of 'em. LOL

4 comments:

Toni said...

Quality's the same ba?

Masubukan nga!

Ganns said...

No, the quality's not the same, Toni, but it's good enough for the price. :)

notsquare said...

hey something in common! i use the talc scent :) makes me smell and feel like a baby :)

site said...

Gosh, there's a lot of helpful material above!