Friday, February 18, 2005

The one where we can blog to help save Terri Schinder-Schiavo

I first heard about Terri Schindler-Schiavo's fight for life on Oprah a few months back. I remember thinking to myself, how terrible if her husband managed to push through with his plans, but didn't think much more of it because I'm a Filipino based a hundred thousand miles away to be of any use to her or her family.

Until today, thanks to my wonderful friend Phisch.

For those of you who are unaware of this beautiful young woman's situation, please visit her official website here. Terri had an accident years back that robbed her brain of oxygen and plunged her into a state that severely limits her interaction with the world. She is not in a permanent vegetative state. She is fed via a feeding tube that is attached only during mealtimes.

Her husband, Michael, has long sought to remove the tube and have her die by starvation as a form of euthanasia, saying there was no more chance of full recovery.

Jesus Christ has raised people from the dead! To heal this woman would be chicken feed! No one has the right to willfully take away life. I believe God has His reasons for keeping Terri like this, possibly to change the system and legally prevent euthanasia in the United States.

Blogs for Terri is trying to raise awareness of her situation by blogging daily. I'm joining that fight. If you'd like to join the fight to blog for Terri, please click here. A blog entry for Terri is a blog entry for life, a blog entry for what is right, a blog entry for what is sacred, a blog entry full of the kind of love that God espouses, the God that Terri believes in, and the God that will save her.

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

I wish I'd seen your post sooner. You did me one better by posting a banner for Terri's site, too :)