Monday, July 10, 2006

The one with the return to the studio

I’m headed into the studio again tomorrow to lay the instrumental tracks to three original worship songs (Incomparable, Heaven and Earth, and I Desire) and two praise songs (So Good and Testify).

I’m particularly excited for the praise songs, because I’ve been playing with a Darkchild feel to the tracks, taking inspiration from Mary Mary (He Said), Brandy (What About Us?) and Michael Jackson (You Rock My World). At the same time, I’m a little inspired by some of the old school dance/hiphop sound of Soulshock & Karlin (Mary Mary, CeCe Peniston) and Warryn Campbell, so this should be an interesting project.

If we want to reach out to the youth of the nation, we need to work with their music, and let’s face it, I stand a better chance of touching someone’s heart with some hot hiphop/R&B jams than my current, admittedly stodgy Michael W. Smith/Mark Schultz A/C creations so far.

Is the music keepin’ it real? I don’t know. Is the praise real? Fo’ sho’.

No comments: