Thursday, December 02, 2004

The one with the deepest gratitude

This morning, I swung by Magazine Exchange at SM Megamall to ask how sales were. They told me not a single copy had moved since I delivered the copies yesterday. So, naturally, I was pretty bummed. As I got into my car, I noticed a note on my windshield wiper. It was an anonymous note, written on Republic of the Philippines Office of the President notepaper, and on it was written:

"We love U, Ganz."

I got all teary-eyed, and thanked God for the heart of that anonymous person, whoever you are. You raised me up when I needed it most.

I am so grateful for the Family of Christ. See, we know that what we're doing is for His glory, but oftentimes, the economics come in, and when we realize that we have so much to do and so many places to go to make this mission come true, we can get overwhelmed. Right now, I'm just dying to get the mag out in as many places as possible, and it still surprises me how God's family encourages me at just the right time.

So, thanks, all of you, for helping me make my dream and mission come true:

1) All you Fil-Christian bloggers. You're spreading the word online and offline. Thank you so much; I couldn't have done this without you.

2) The writers and photographers.

3) PinoyExchange.com. Nix, Mike, Ada, and the rest of the gang have been there for us since Day One. They've directed a lot of traffic our way, and I pray that more PExers will join us in our mission. Thanks, you guys, thank you so much!

4) Kitchie Nadal and Roca Cruz. Unfortunately, a huge majority of people buy magazines based on the cover model. Fortunately, Kitchie is a solid musician for Jesus. Your music blesses us so much, Kitchie; keep on singing and using that God-given talent to bring His name glory. Roca, you've been so accommodating, it humbles us.

5) Avia Performance Footwear. Honestly, these guys make fantastic shoes. Seriously. Check them out at SM.

6) All our distributors. Shepherd's Staff, Magazine Exchange, Campus Crusaders for Christ Bookstore, Filbar's (Mr. Barbasa is a really nice guy)... thank you for helping us spread the word.

7) Youth for Christ, Campus Crusaders for Christ, Youth on Fire, and J-Zone.ph. These youth groups are amazing for their love of God, their purity of heart, and their campus network. God bless their hearts!

8) The EdgeRadio.net. The first Filipino-driven 24-hour Contemporary Christian Music station on the Internet and eventually local airwaves, The Edge is truly that - music with an edge, the holy sword of Christ Jesus that'll slash through the junk that's playing on local radio. Click Perfect Pitch. They sponsored our sound system during the Kitchie Nadal set of our launch. Please give them a visit and check out the amazing stuff they've got on sale for their Christmas Bonanza promo.

This list is bound to grow, so thank you for your support! God bless you!

4 comments:

JM said...

Awwww... sir Ganns, that was a heart-warming note. We Bloggers love you too!

Don't worry, sir Ganns... it's just 4 days after the launch, and you've got a few more weeks left 'til next issue. It'll dawn on you one day... mag sales will shoot high! I'm with you in prayer for the mag's success.

Jax said...

ganns! how much is the subscription? provincial rates ah. i want to subscribe para i can put the magazine in our store.

Mercedes said...

Hi Ganns! I know it's not a big forum by any means, but you might want to plug over at pinoyforum.com.

hang in there! God lets us go through some tough times, but all for our own good. The premier issue has a great cover and the site looks chock-full of great stuff.

theexilesclan said...

No doubt, the chap is totally fair.